Hi, I'm Sarah. Welcome to the My Matilda Blog, documentary photography for birth, life and graveside. Sit, stay awhile!

You can also visit my site, facebook page, personal blog, or email me -- sarah@mymatilda.com. Have a lovely day. {xoxoxo}

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

On Funerals.



















Lots of people ask what it's like to photograph a funeral and graveside service. It's a unique experience. Beauty and sadness are both present. It's a time when family and friends unite together to celebrate one special person. I enjoy being part of something so important.

And on this beautiful wintry day, a person's life was celebrated and remembered by people who faithfully loved her.

4 comments:

Rebecca Smylie said...

These are really beautiful Sarie. I love this family. It was nice to see some familiar faces and see that sense of celebration you talk about. You did an excellent job. I wish you'd been there for my grandparents'.

Jenni of the Great Salt Lake said...

Beautiful, subtle messages of hope and light and family. Really beautiful.

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

sorryaboutgrandma

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

ooppswhatmeantsaysorryaboutyouregrandma